“Hiring is casting. If the film is poorly cast and the actor can’t act, you won’t get there.” – Gabriella Mirabelli
In this episode of The Pivotal Leader Gina Trimarco spoke to Gabriella Mirabelli, the foremost authority on translating millennial behavioral trends for executives at major media enterprises. She was listed on Inc. as one of the “5 Unsung Heroes of New Media” and is the CEO and co-founder of ANATOMY, a New York based, Emmy Award winning creative agency and branding consultancy. As the host of The Up Next Podcast, she talks with the brightest innovators, risk takers, and disrupters on the front lines of change from Hollywood, Wall St. Silicon Valley, and beyond.
Over the last half decade, Gabriella has studied how the practices of media brands intersect with the media consumption habits of millennials. Her most recent in-depth report “Millennials At the Gate” is an examination of streaming, ad blocking, and piracy habits of young millennials. It has been cited by major publications such as Forbes, The Wrap, MediaPost, and Yahoo Finance.
Podcast Topics Include:
- Why employee recruitment is failing at the point of selecting the team
- How NOT to become a “helicopter office” (replacing helicopter parents)
- Seeing hiring employees as “casting” actors – A players produce higher box revenue
- The reality behind motivated team members
- When parents contact employers to resolve their adult children’s work problems
- Behaviors to note during interviews
- How to “future proof” your business
- Pivotal strategies for overcoming difficult economic times
- Our contemplation about Millennial behavior in the workplace and how to leverage it
- Onboarding first-job employees
More About Gabriella Mirabelli & Anatomy Media
Learn More About Gina Trimarco
Learn More About Pivot10 Results
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.