“Culture isn’t just put some core values on the wall and call it a day. It has to be infused in absolutely everything you do.” – Felena Hanson
In this episode of The Pivotal Leader, Gina Trimarco interviewed Felena Hanson, a long-time entrepreneur and marketing maven. Her latest venture, Hera Hub, is a spa-inspired shared workspace and business accelerator for female entrepreneurs. This as-needed, flexible work and meeting space provides a productive environment for growing businesses. Hera Hub members have access to a professional space to meet with clients and to connect and collaborate with like-minded business owners, thus giving them the support they need to be prosperous.
She has three company owned locations in San Diego and licensed locations in Phoenix, DC, and Sweden, with more cities launching soon. She’s on a mission to support over 20,000 women in the launch and growth of their businesses by 2020.
Felena and Hera Hub have been featured in Inc Magazine, the BBC News, Forbes, and the New York Times. She also is the author of “Flight Club – Rebel, Reinvent, and Thrive: How to Launch Your Dream Business”.
Podcast Topics Include:
- Fast growth of the entrepreneurial businesses, especially women-owned businesses
- How Hera Hub, Hera Angels & Hera Labs was started and funded
- The difference between angel investors and venture capitalists and the growth of female angels
- Commercial real estate challenges; negotiating leases as a new business concept
- Licensing vs franchising and culture adaptation with licensed locations
- Figuring out formulas to make a business profitable
More About Felena Hanson & Hera Hub
- Hera Hub Website
- Hera Hub Facebook
- Felena’s Twitter
- Felena’s LinkedIn
- Book: Flight Club – Rebel, Reinvent, and Thrive: How to Launch Your Dream Business
More About Gina Trimarco
Learn More About Pivot10 Results
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.