“I tell everybody, you want to figure out what you are made of? Launch your own business. I don’t know any other tool, in the world, that will make you grow up, level up, figure yourself out faster than launching your own business.”
– Donnie Boivin
On this episode of The Pivotal Leader, Gina Trimarco interviewed Donnie Boivine – Success Coach, Podcast Coach, Content Developer, International Speaker and host of the Success Champions Podcast. He’s an expert sales professional and top 200 iTunes podcaster.
At the age of 40, he discovered he had been living other people’s dreams and not chasing his own. Taking the biggest risk in his life, he jumped out and started a business. Although he had great success at the start, he quickly understood he knew nothing about being a business owner.
Through learning from the mistakes and being at the brink of failure, he gained the experience, perseverance and attitude required to succeed.
- The difficulties of moving from an employee mindset to a business owner mindset
- The benefits of podcasting and interviewing guests
- The challenges of podcast monetization
- Using the social proof of being a podcaster to get exposure on ‘the big stage’
- Discovering podcasting for business
- The accountability of having processes and systems in place
- The fear of success
- The power of incremental growth when your next milestone soon becomes your new comfort zone
- Keep going after failure
- Evolve your experience, rather than just repeating the same experience year after year
- Are you a salesperson OR ‘just’ an order taker
- Managing sales teams, measuring performance and encouraging competition
More About Gina Trimarco
- Women Your Mother Warned You About – the podcast that makes sales sexy again
More About Pivot10 Results
More About Donnie Boivin
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.