“You have to have ‘culture by intention’ as a CEO – we have to have authentic core values and lead with those. We have to make them [core values] NOT a plaque on the wall.”
In this (explicit) episode of The Pivotal Leader, Gina Trimarco interviewed Adam Robinson, CEO of Hireology. Adam believes most companies are bad at recruiting and that’s why he scaled his recruiting business into a cloud-based hiring platform. Hireology’s cloud-based hiring platform is used by over 3,000 organizations in the United States and Canada.
Adam also is author of THE BEST TEAM WINS: Build Your Business Through Predictive Hiring, in addition to be being a noted recruiting industry expert, speaker, and author with over 20 years of experience in the field of hiring and selection management.
Adam and talked about his mission to help business owners make better hiring decisions using predictive data and technology and much more …
Podcast Topics Include:
- Scaling from a service business to a product business
- Strategies for preserving culture as you scale quickly
- How to hire right (motivated people) versus managing headaches
- Answering the question “Would you fire your top performer if they’re not a culture fit?”
- Instilling trust and not caring about cell phone and social media usage
- Understanding intrinsic motivation as being “hard wired” versus “acquired”
- Internal locus of control – hiring those with the mindset of “You didn’t tell me to do it that way” versus “I should have done a better job understanding what you wanted”
- The “No Asshole Rule”
- The importance of having an employment brand that attracts the right people and repels the wrong ones
- Why they have two gorillas in their office
More About Adam Robinson & Hireology
In 2015, Robinson was named to the Chicago Tribune Blue Network, a listing of Chicago’s most influential entrepreneurs and innovators, and named a ”Top 25 HR Industry Game Changer Under 40” by Workforce magazine. Hireology also has been named a 2015 Best Place to Work for millennials and gen X employees by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Learn More About Gina Trimarco
Learn More About Pivot10 Results
The Pivotal Leader is a production of Pivot10 Results, a strategy and training company that helps businesses shift from people problems to performance results.